Sunday, September 13, 2009

Digital technology

In this Digital technology age, we become pixels and new people. Facebook, World of Warcraft, twitter, etc. we are given the opportunity to become a new person. But then what does the mean about our real lives? which one would we radther choose? Which one are we most comfortable in? So what I'm asking is, which world do you choose, Planet Earth, or Planet Cyborg?
I think most people would be, "ofcourse Planet Earth" But I think where do you spend most of your time? I sit next to the computer and Tv probably most of my day. Planet Cyborg would be my kind of planet.
I forget her name but in ym class she brought up a interesting question of "How our future would look like since some many of us 'LOVE' texting, we would have big ass thumbs."
I agree, would our next generation become entirely new people becuase of our use of digital technology.

2 comments:

  1. Christian,

    Amazing start on the digital unit. You have very intriguing thoughts, Your humor is outstanding which makes your reading a hobby. I love your idea of how people won't admit how they live their lives. Your tone is seems mysterious, and inventive.

    Your questions of what people would choose, to live in a completely digital world, or the non digital world, people don't realize that they spend a majority of their time in the day that is not required by anyone else. Watching tv, surfing the internet, socializing via myspace/facebook. You are correct that they way that we live puts us on "Planet Cyborg".

    Reading Gavin's had part that reminded me of yours, he talks about how people don't have to be a good singer, technology can make anyone sound as if they had an amazing voice. People deny that technology make them sound better. His posting was also humorous like yours.

    It would be awesome if you also talked about planet earth, and no one can use any technology, and because everyone thinks that they are the better person by choosing planet earth, you could talk about what the people might do. You can also give us an answer to your question so we know what you would say if you were asked that question.

    Reading your post makes me want to live on planet cyborg. I am so used to being able to go look something up that i did not understand in a few seconds flat. Im sure i would be able to survive planet earth but i fear so much advancement would be lost if I did not go there.

    I loved writing this response it helped me think outside of how i normally think

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jin,

    Your comment made me take a look and notice how similar my post is to gavin's in ideas and beliefs.

    My planet Cyborg idea was all an interpretation of how digitally addicted we are but too oblivious to acknowledge it.

    I think that we share both the same ideas and I agree with your post about how isolated we are from reality even though we are connected digitally to it.

    ReplyDelete