Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mini Exhibition Rough Draft

In our generations, we have come to appreciate the digital advances that has come up making life easier. In our past, movement and connection between different countries, and or even people had taken a long time to connect we each other. Today, the convenience of digital technology has provided easier connection with the world due to Cell phones, Tv and Social Networks.

Our society has always relied on cell phones to quickly connect ourselves with people from long distances. I have a Cell phone and I use it almost everyday, because I do not have to struggle throughout the day trying to contact someone.

Television plays a huge part in society that has conveniently helped the world see what happens in other parts of the world we did not of. Tv, a world-wide phenomenon, since 1934, has been able to keep us in contact national and international because of shows like "CNN" or "NBC" because they provide coverage to issues we alone my not of heard of.

Since 1985, the first online social network which has made, kept people in contact with other without sending a letter or calling them. It has been used as the quickest and easiest way to contact a person and conveniently you can now get in on your cell phone too.

Although digital devices have conveniently made a difference in society, people also argue, that it has also made us lazy. But do you really argue convenience with laziness? I guess. Making something quick and easier in some people's eyes is considered lazy. But why challenge yourself and make something harder if there is an easy way out of it. In my eyes, I think it is brilliant that someone invented a phone, because then I would not have to wait for them to send a letter. Just dial their phone number. I think it is brilliant that they invented social networks, now I do not have to dial, I just type. All making things, easier and quicker.

Digital devices have bettered our society because of today's technology which conveniently makes things much quicker and easier.

2 comments:

  1. To Christian,

    I really liked how you started out writing your paper. You compare today’s generation with the past generation which allows me to make my own comparisons in my mind about the difference and similarities between the two generations. One thing that I can suggest is that you put a headline for the specific argument you are making so that it is easier for the reader to understand. Such as when you begin to speak about the positive affects that technology has had on society, than you switch to talking about the negative affect...there should be something that informs the reader that a change in the argument is occurring.

    I enjoyed reading your thoughts on why technology is negative, and I hope that you explore and express more ideas on this topic. Its important that although you don’t agree with the belief that cell phones, laptops, televisions etc are bad for our society, it still would be a good idea to write more explaining why people may believe this. This way you are gathering and including information from both sides of the argument, in which people can relate to.

    Your conclusion definitely connects to your thesis which is great. Continue working on your paper including your interesting ideas and facts to back up what you believe...while also including cited sources. I believe this will be a great paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Christian

    I feel that in your last paragraph you had a really good point and i agree with you because cell phones are a way to make a life easier and why should that be considered as being lazy when we just want to make life simpler.I like the way you started your paper because you sort of drew us in to what you were going to talk about and i thought that was good. I liked how you brought you thoughts together to create a paper and i think it flows really well. Good job overall.

    ReplyDelete