Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hw - 54

I took the Myers-Briggs test and I have to say, the results I think were pretty useful. I got the results of ESTP, someone who likes a lot of group oriented positions, basically very social. It offered what type of jobs I would feel comfortable in, and the types that did not fit my results. I also enjoyed taking this quiz, because personally I have problems trying to explain the "Who I am" to people and for a test to narrow down how moods, feelings and thoughts just made it easier.

Although the results I find useful, like narrowing down to how my feelings and thoughts compared to favored careers, I do not find accurate because it was just narrowing down how my personality and feelings were set, but not the type of motives I have to be in other careers. A personality could change, feelings could change, but it was useful to see that the way I am now, and the person I make myself out internally lead to these type of careers.

The Myers-Briggs test is fun to follow up on people you know, trying to study them internally and guessing there positions externally. One of my friends that I had guessed turned out to be almost exactly like how I thought he would be, when he took the test. This shows how easily we get to know and see people, and automatically we place them in a type of category. The social categories are made by assumptions about people who think fit this certain manner, and by reading their attitudes, thoughts, and feelings, we get to see how similar we are, or how different we could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment